There Is An Alternative: Subsistence and Worldwide Resistance to Corporate Globalization - Edited by Veronika Bennholdt-Thomsen, Nicholas G. Faraclas & Claudia von WerlhofZed Books, 2001, Paperback ..
Condition: Very Good. Leans slightly. Previous owners' inscription to the first blank.
First in this, paperback, edition. Contains:
- Woman, Nature and the International Division of Labour by Maria Mies & Ariel Salleh
- Losing Faith in Progress: Capitalist Patriarchy As An ‘Alchemical System’ by Claudia Von Werlhof
- Sustainable Development: Rescue Operation For A Dying Illusion by Saral Sarkar
- Globalization and Poverty by Vandana Shiva
- Melanesia, the Banks and the Bingos: Real Alternatives Are Everywhere (Except in the Consultants’ Briefcases) by Nicholas G. Faraclas
- The Clash of Knowledge Systems: Local Diversity in the Wild Versus Global Homogeneity in the Marketplace by Susan Hawthorne
- Globalized Bodies in the Twenty-First Century: the Final Patriarchal Takeover? by Renate Klein
- ’Women Never Surrendered’: the Mau Mau and Globalization from Below in Kenya 1980-2000 by Terisa E. Turner, Leigh S. Brownhill
- War, Globalization and Reproduction by Silvia Federici
- Seattle: A Convergence of Globalization and Militarization by Theresa J. Wolfwood
- Mexico: Creating Your Own Path At the Grassroots by Gustavo Esteva
- Resisting ‘Technology’ and Defending Subsistence in Bangladesh: Nayakrishi Andolon and the Movement For A Happy Life by Farida Akhter
- Local Lifeline: Rejecting Globalization — Embracing Localization by Helena Norberg-Hodge
- Women in the International Gardens: How Subsistence Production Leads to New Forms of Intercultural Communication by Christa Muller
- The Practice of Subsistence: Collective Environmental Action and Community Organic Farming by Elisabeth Meyer-Renschhausen
- What Really Keeps Our Cities Alive, Money Or Subsistence? by Veronika Bennholdt-Thomsen.
Size: C Format (8½" x 5¼")
Number of Pages: [XV] 240
£6.50 (Now Sold)