Easy Guide to Sewing Skirts - Marcy TiltonThe Taunton Press, 1996, Paperback.
Condition: Very Good.
Illustrated by way of: Colour Photographs; Diagrams;
From the cover: “How do you sew a skirt that fits and flatters, a skirt that looks like fine ready-to-wear? Whatever your skill level, Easy Guide to Sewing Skirts will guide you — from pattern selection through final pressing. Begin by learning how to select the best style and fabric for you, then discover easy ways to fit your pattern. With this handy volume by your side, select the techniques that will work best with your pattern, including how to:
- make pockets that don’t gap
- shape darts to enhance the fit
- make an easy pull-on waistband
- sew invisible hems
- insert foolproof zippers
- sew pleats that hang straight
- make a comfortable fitted waistband
- change the grainline for a flattering drape